Thursday 4 October 2007

Margot the editor



Ever eager to help get The Well-Tempered Clavier book off the ground, I've just ordered up 1,000 postcards.

These fliers will be handed out on the streets by my vagrant friends in Edinburgh.

Now I'm not saying that the design of the flier is great. But it does the job. It's got a picture of the book-cover on the front, and a bit of blurb on the back.

Certainly looked fine to me.

And then my wife, Margot the editor, took a look. And started making some suggestions.

I made a few notes. She made a few more suggestions.

I scribbled away.

And then Margot said, "Tell you what, why don't I take this off to Prontaprint? I'll tell them what they've got to do."

Fine by me.

Should have left it to her in the first place. If you're married to an editor, then you don't want to start coming up with some of your own home-made designs - because believe you me, you will invariably bodge it.

No comments: