Friday 5 October 2007

The cretin



I am, very occasio-nally, capable of having a good idea.

But, more often than not, they tend not to be quite fully thought through.

Did anyone mention the word cretinous?

So, just for the sake of example, I have been attempting to get this great book "The Well-Tempered Clavier" off the ground in any number of ways.

There's this blog for a kicker. Then there all the fliers I'm doing. And of course the video.

But yesterday, I had an absolute corker: Smilers.

Smilers are dinky little stamps that you can order from the Royal Mail. Just download your picture - in my case the Clavier cover - and put in your order for over 200 stamps. A few days later, along come your Smilers and all your scores of First Class stamps.

Quite, quite brilliant. Just perfect for all the launch invites that go out next week.

How was it though that I managed to get my order in on the very eve of a week-long postal strike?

No comments: