Saturday 13 October 2007

Almond-skinned beauties


A number of have friends have inquired why I chose to illustrate my last posting about Maguire with a picture of a rather wizened grey monkey.
I can assure you, however, that it was NOT a monkey. This is genuinely what Maguire looks like.
But a very understandable mistake to make, nonetheless. No apology required.
This picture though is of a much more handsome chap altogether - Jamie, from Terinea, who is doing up my website. He is the techno-guy.
Doing a great job of it. You'll just love the new-look blog, I know you will. And he's even dug up a number of tasty pictures to daub around the periphery of the blog. You know the sort of thing - stuff that might be pertinent to The Well-Tempered Clavier book like pictures of Bach, sheet-music, et cetera ...
"And I've got a picture of a really gorgeous Asian girl!" trilled Jamie. "Lovely almond-skin. Just gorgeous. She'll be perfect!"
"Ahh," I said, temporizing a little. "Interesting. Tell me, Jamie, why do we want a picture of a gorgeous Asian girl on this web site?"
"Well I thought this guy, the hero of the book, was having a fling with an Indian bird ..."
"What?" I said. "What! Have you gone totally insane? She is not some Indian bird, no! Her name happens to be INDIA."
He was like a dog with a bone on this one. "So she doesn't have almond-skin?"
"No, No, and for the last time NO!" I said. "Her name is India, but she is totally caucasian. Do you think that everyone called Paris wears a beret and onions round their neck?"
Well, honestly ...

2 comments:

Edinburgh and Hastins Computer Support said...

My boss was in tears.

Jamie

Website is coming along nicely

William Coles said...

What sort of tears? Tears of laughter? Tears of shame? Crocodile tears? Or were they salt tears of compassion?